There’s nothing better than the smell of freshly baked gingerbread cookies during the holidays (except maybe the taste of said cookies.)
If you love cookies that are soft, tasty, and vegan, then this recipe is going to be your best friend this season!
Not only are these quite possibly the best vegan gingerbread cookies around, but they’re also packed with plant-based protein! Plus they’re incredibly easy to whip up, which is a blessing during the craziness of the holidays.
Keep it simple, keep it tasty. Our favorite motto.
- 2 cups spelt flour (or whole grain flour)
- ¼ cup Ora Organic Vanilla Protein
- 2 tsp ground ginger (a little more if you like it spicy)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Carbs23 g
- Fat5 g
- Protein3 g
- Sugar11 g
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Gently combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg, and salt) together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend together all of the wet ingredients (sugar, coconut oil, molasses, applesauce, and almond milk).
- Slowly sprinkle the dry ingredients into the food processor with the wet ingredients to combine everything well.
- Taste test the dough and adjust the gingery-ness as desired.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of wax paper, until it’s about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into festive AF shapes and place an inch apart on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Pop the dough in the freezer for a few minutes to firm up. (You can skip this step if you prefer blob-shaped cookies).
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes. They’ll firm up a bit while they cool.
- Put your artistic talent to work and decorate your cookies (if desired).