This recipe just feels like summer! With fresh summer fruits, protein and probiotics, our Summer Fruit Cobbler with Vanilla Protein and Apple Raspberry Probiotics is sure to be a sweet treat that everyone in the family will enjoy.
This dessert is also sweet enough to keep you away from mid-night ice cream runs and light enough to feel good when you’re eating it!
We added just a dash of something special at the end… sprinkle your fruit cobbler with some probiotics with prebiotics for added flavor! Make sure you add them after baking to keep them potent. This helps you get all of the benefits of probiotics with prebiotics, supporting your gut health and digestion.
- Peach you didn’t know that…
One serving of peaches contains approximately 8-10% of our daily fiber intake. These stone fruits are hearty sources of fiber and help streamline your gut so it stays healthy (1).
- We’re going nuts over coconut oil!
Not only can coconut oil be used as a moisturizer for dry skin (2), but it has also been studied for its potential ability to satiate when added to a meal. In a study done in 2018, the addition of virgin coconut oil to a breakfast meal was shown to produce a less “appetitive response” in its participants (3), keeping them full for longer after eating. You won’t need any more midnight snacks after this summer treat!
Ora Tip: Best eaten outside in a garden during sunset for full #summervibes.
For the Filling:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5 cups mix of peaches (2 cups), strawberries (1 cup), cherries (2 cups), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Biscuits:
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 scoop Ora Organic Vegan Protein Powder in Vanilla
- 1 tsp baking-powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar, plus extra for topping
- 4 & 1/2 tablespoons chilled coconut oil or vegan butter (if using vegan butter, cube the butter into small pieces)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut yogurt
- Pinch of sea salt
Top with coconut yogurt and Ora Organic Probiotics with Prebiotics Powder in Apple-Raspberry
Whole Recipe, Serves 4
- Carbs206 g
- Fat32 g
- Protein16 g
- Sugar84 g
- Start by preheating your oven to bake at 400F and prepare the filling. With the coconut oil, rub the sides and center of your baking skillet. In a medium mixing bowl toss together the fruit (peaches, strawberries, and cherries), vanilla, arrowroot, and sea salt. Pour the mixed fruit into the skillet and place it on the stovetop.
- Over medium heat, cook the fruit for 10 minutes – stirring frequently, until they’re slightly stewed and some of the juices have released. Add a splash of water if the skillet dries out.
- In the meantime, while the fruit is still stewing on the stove for 10 minutes, prepare the biscuits. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and coconut sugar, and mix well. Now add in the coconut oil or vegan butter. If you’re using the vegan butter – gently with your fingers, blend the ‘butter’ into the mixture until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Set your coconut oil or ‘butter’ and dry ingredient mix aside while you mix together the almond milk and yogurt into a small bowl. Pour this mixture into the batter and mix gently until it forms a dough – be sure to not over mix. Roll the dough between your hands to form small balls.
- Add the dough balls on top of the stewed fruit and add a sprinkling of coconut sugar to the top of the biscuits. Pop the cobbler into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Now add a generous sprinkling of the probiotics with prebiotics powder on top of the biscuits and a small scoop mixed into the coconut yogurt.
- Serve in bowls with the coconut yogurt or ice cream and enjoy!
Join the Conversation