We’re calling this the it girl drink of the summer. You heard it here first, folks. Whip out your most fashionable sunnies, perhaps a (reusable) bendy straw, and let’s jump right into your new summer favorite.
Not only is this strawberry matcha lemonade refreshing, but it’s got some nutritional benefits we’d hate to leave out of the tasty equation.
And, don’t get us started on matcha. We’re willing to bet you’ve seen one too many matcha pictures on your Instagram feed, but we’re here to tell you: the hype is very real.
- Love Strawberries Even More
Strawberries. Not only are they the summer snack staple (say that five times fast!), but they pack a serious Vitamin C punch. Did you know just one strawberry contains roughly 11% of your recommended daily Vitamin C intake? To know them really is to love them. 🙂
- The Power of Matcha
Matcha benefits can range anywhere from the antioxidants levels it boasts, to its ability to boost liver health, all the way to positively impacting brain function. Matcha really is nature’s stunner.
We’ll repeat it once more for the people in the back — this is the it girl drink of the summer. Now, get to it!
- Start by mashing the strawberries in a bowl with maple syrup.
- Place the strawberries into the glass, along with the lemon juice, water, and ice.
- Mix the matcha powder in a small bowl with warm water.
- Mix well.
- Now pour the matcha into the glass and mix until everything is well combined.