“One medium caffeine-free Espresso Martini. Shaken. Not stirred.” — James Bond’s cooler, more health-conscious sister, probably.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect pick-me up mocktail for that after work Virtual social hour, this is it. This “espresso” is made with cacao instead of coffee, for that smooth boost of energy that won’t leave you awake at night. (But if you love your night coffee, you do you!)
It’s not only reenergizing, but when you add Rhodiola and our favorite collagen-booster, this drink supports you from your head to your toes. Keep on scrollin’ for the benefits of adding rhodiola into your routine.
- Hair, Skin, and Nail Nutrients
Our collagen-boosting powder contains aloe vera, pea protein, silica from bamboo, vitamin C from acerola cherry, and vitamin E from sunflowers. Combined these ingredients are the perfect mix for boosting your body’s natural collagen making ability.
- Rhodi-hola adaptogens
Rhodiola is an adaptogen that hails from Russia and Scandinavia and has been used traditionally for its anti-fatigue and endurance-boosting qualities. In general, rhodiola may support your body’s ability to handle stress and fatigue.
2 tbsp French Roast Cacao (We used Crio Bru, but you can use your favorite espresso for an extra kick)
1 tsp Date Syrup
1 scoop Aloe Gorgeous (Chocolate or Vanilla)
⅓ oz Rhodiola Tincture
- Prepare cacao coffee by steeping Crio Bru in water for 5 minutes, as package directed.
- While waiting for the coffee to steep, prep the serving glass by rimming the glass with maple syrup and dipping it in cacao powder
- When cacao coffee is ready; in a shaker glass add coffee, Aloe Gorgeous, Rhodiola, and ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds
- Strain into serving glass