Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
PREP 5 MIN | COOK 15 MIN
Recipe By The Ora Crew
Ginger carrot soup for the stomach is the new Chicken Soup for the Soul.
This recipe doesn't just host stomach-soothing qualities, thanks to the fresh ginger in it, but also packs an anti-inflammatory punch due to an active ingredient, turmeric.
DID YOU KNOW: Gingerol, an active compound in fresh ginger has also been studied for its ability to target specific signaling pathways that can positively influence the effects of chronic disease.
Move over turmeric. Ginger is the new anti-inflammatory hero.
Luckily, we included both in this recipe for some serious health superpowers.
- 1 bunch of carrots - chopped
- 1-2 inch chunk of ginger root
- ½ Vidalia (yellow) onion - diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scoop Ora Organic Good As Gold turmeric latte mix (or 2 tbsp turmeric powder)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Optional add-in: ½ can coconut milk
- Thoroughly wash carrots and dice them into equal chunks (roughly 1/2 inch in size), set aside.
- Dice one half of the onion and the ginger root into small pieces
- In a medium to large sized pot, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add the chopped onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir and cook the onion into the oil for about 5 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Add in the carrots, Good As Gold turmeric powder, and vegetable broth.
- Stir well and boil the mixture until carrots are soft (roughly 8 minutes).
- For an extra creamy soup, add in coconut milk.
- Use a handheld emulsifier to blend the mixture in the pot or blend entire mixture in a high-speed blender until a smooth, consistent mixture is formed.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and your favorite fresh herbs or sprouts!