Written by Ron Chang
04 Mar '17
As Seen On Shark Tank!
Who doesn't love truffles? Especially when they're gluten free, vegan AND packed with plant-based protein! Here's a recipe to make them at home - the truffles that had the Sharks licking their teeth!
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 10 mins
- Wait time: 3 hours
- Active time: 30 mins
- Total time: 3 1/2 hours
- Servings: 36 Delicious Truffles!
- 9 oz (1 1/4 cup) dairy free dark chocolate (70% cacao or higher)
- 1 can (13.66 oz) pure coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut flakes
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops of Ora Organic's vanilla chai protein powder
- If the chocolate is in bar form, chop into small bits for easier melting
- Mix the protein powder with the coconut milk, blend until smooth
- In a pot, heat the protein + coconut milk mixture on medium high heat until simmering, stirring occasionally
- Turn off the heat and pour the chocolate into the pot of hot coconut milk, mix until thoroughly combined
- Add in ½ cup shredded coconut flakes and ½ cup chopped almonds, reserve the remaining ½ cups of each to roll the truffles in once cooled
- Refrigerate for 3 hours until semi-firm
- Roll 1 inch diameter truffle sized balls from the semi-firm chocolate (a #100 ice cream scoop that holds .375 oz helps make uniform balls)
- Roll ⅓ of the truffles in the remaining coconut flakes, ⅓ in sliced almonds and ⅓ in cocoa powder
- Serve and enjoy!