Baking and snacking are two of our favorite activities. (You know, aside from saving the world through sustainability efforts.)
So, what’s better than a baked good that doubles as a healthy snack? A snackable baked good that’s been infused with turmeric.
While we were brainstorming ways to use one of our favorite products, Good As Gold golden milk powder, this classic came to mind: banana bread.
Except this isn’t your grandma’s banana bread recipe.
We took that recipe and removed all the sugar, gluten, and any other questionable ingredients, to make this version that’s just as satisfying.
Meet our gluten-free and vegan, golden banana bread recipe.
We enjoyed it fresh out of the oven with a little vegan butter spread and also the day after, smeared in granola butter.
- Turmeric: The Golden Star
The star ingredient in this golden milk powder is turmeric! What makes this star superfood so golden is its active component, curcumin. Curcumin has been studied extensively for its ability to target and reduce inflammation in the body. Where inflammation has been linked to many chronic diseases, we are all aboard the turmeric trend.
- Almond Butter or Bust
Almond butter is a good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats our bodies need. Plus, almonds are rich in goodies like vitamin E, proteins, magnesium, potassium, and dietary fibers. Who said eating a spoonful of almond butter wasn’t good for you?
Note: We always opt for the unprocessed nut butters, so look for the ones with only one ingredient: almonds.
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water)
- 3 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3 scoops Ora Organic golden milk powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Carbs13 g
- Total Fat18 g
- Protein6 g
- Sugars4 g
- Prepare flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp water.
- Set aside for 10-15 minutes in the fridge until it reaches a thick consistency.
- For the wet ingredients: Mash the ripe bananas and combine with the almond butter, almond milk, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add flax egg to wet mixture and stir well.
- Combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and Good as Gold golden milk powder in a separate bowl.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour into a parchment-covered loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
Join the Conversation