Who says pancakes are just for Sunday brunch?
We’re a fan of pancakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack–you name it. Especially when they’re fluffy and filled with plant-based protein.
With only 7 ingredients, most of which are probably already in your pantry, this recipe is a piece of (pan)cake to whip up.
This recipe features our favorite vegan protein powder, that boasts a lengthy list of superfoods on top of adding a satiating effect to these pancakes.
We topped ours with coconut milk-based whipped cream, fresh farmers market blueberries, cacao nibs, and an accidental waterfall of Kween Granola Butter (a fabulous nut-free alternative to our beloved almond and cashew butter).
OK, maybe the waterfall of granola butter wasn’t “accidental.”
Ora Tip: Make a double batch of these babies to have for a convenient (and tasty) grab-and-go snack or breakfast throughout the week.
- Allergen Friendly
No dairy or gluten for you?
This super simple recipe features plant-based, dairy-free protein powder (no whey here!), plus uses almond flour to avoid gluten and swaps in almond milk for whole milk.
Don’t go leaving those pancakes un-topped either.
Coconut-based dairy-free fluff makes the perfect swap for conventional whipping cream and granola butter is the new nut-free go-to for the gooey drizzle effect.
- Blueberries + Cacao Nibs: Antioxidant Dream Team
What do blueberries and cacao nibs have in common?
These two pancake toppers are naturally high in these free radical busters. As if you needed another reason to enjoy fruit and chocolate together.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in one bowl, and the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Next, combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir well until fully mixed.
- The batter should resemble regular pancake batter–slightly runny, yet thick enough to be poured into a small circle.
- Heat your skillet on medium-hot heat and grease with a small amount of melted coconut oil or spray.
- Pour small circles of batter into the heated, greased pan (roughly 4 inches wide).
- When you start to see little bubbles forming on top of the pancakes, that’s when you know it’s time to flip them.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the opposite side, until golden brown.
- Stack your ‘cakes and top with your favorite whipped coconut topping, cacao nibs, and blueberries.