There’s no better way to get your daily nutrients in than a smoothie! Our favorite kinds are protein packed.
The combination of quality protein, a clean carb source (oats), and some healthy fat (almond butter) will get you rearing for a full day of activity and keep you full for much longer than your typical green juice. (As much as we love our green juice.)
On top of being a powerhouse of 21g of protein, this protein smoothie also boasts sustainability bonus points.
DID YOU KNOW: It takes ~5,700 gallons of water to produce 1 tub of conventional whey protein powder?
One tub of So Lean & So Clean requires 1/3 of that water in production and delivers 21g of clean and mighty protein per serving.
In fact, by using our plant-based protein powder instead of whey protein, you save 91 gallons of water just in this smoothie recipe alone.
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons almond butter
- 2 scoops (or 1 packet) Ora Organic chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs *optional
- Carbs28 g
- Fat13 g
- Protein17 g
- Sugar13 g
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend on high.
- If the mixture is too thick to blend, slowly add in 1 tbsp of water at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour into your favorite glass and top with extra cacao nibs for an added crunch.
Join the Conversation