I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. Ice cream sandwiches, that is.
These delicious summer treats have only 7 ingredients, no added sugar, and are FULL of natural fiber.
A slightly better option than our childhood favorite from the ice cream truck. We added in our vegan protein powder to the ice cream mix to make it super satisfying and nutrient dense.
Plus, these sandwiches require no baking. Just a high-speed blender, your freezer, a dash of love, and a little patience. Believe us, they are worth it.
- It's all(mond) good.
Almonds are the backbone of the cookie part of these sandwiches – and for good reason. Rich in nutrients and antioxidants, almonds are a true superfood.
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 20 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 5 frozen bananas
- 4 scoops Ora Organic vanilla protein powder
- Tools needed: high-speed blender, 8×8 pan, parchment paper
- Carbs46 g
- Fat5 g
- Protein7 g
- Sugar32 g
- Blend the frozen bananas with the vanilla protein powder until a smooth consistency is formed, you may need to scrape down the sides or use a taper. This is your “ice cream” layer.
- Place this ice cream-like mixture in the freezer until it is needed.
- In a separate bowl, soak the dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the almonds, pitted and soaked dates, flaxseed, vanilla extract, and pink salt into a clean blender and pulse until it forms a crumbly mixture that will form together.
- Split the “cookie dough” mixture into two equal parts.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press one half of the dough mixture into it to form an even layer. This will be the bottom cookie for your ice cream sandwich.
- Once the cookie mixture is compacted, remove the banana ice cream from the fridge and pour over the first cookie layer.
- Place back into the freezer for 2-3 hours until the banana ice cream layer is frozen solid.
- Once frozen, take the remaining half of the cookie mixture and press an even layer over the banana ice cream layer, forming the top piece to your cookie.
- Place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 equal squares and enjoy!