‘Tis the season for gingerbread everything. Houses, men, martinis, and our personal favorite: smoothie bowls.
Real talk: As much fun as we think building gingerbread houses is, we all know the reality of trying to balance three cookie walls, while waiting for the frosting to dry to a stable texture, is a little stressful.
We opted for these vegan chocolate gingerbread smoothie bowls. From the name alone, need we say more?
Using only whole food ingredients, like banana and cauliflower, and plant-based chocolate protein powder, these bowls are delicious and nutritious.
So, this year, toss these nourishing ingredients in a blender, mix it up, and spend your time on things that are actually fun. Like decorating these smoothie bowls with all the festive toppings. 🙂
- 3 cups frozen bananas (about 3 small bananas)
- 1 ½ cups frozen cauliflower (riced or florets)
- 2 scoops Ora Organic chocolate protein powder
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp dried ginger (or ginger powder)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of pink salt
- Carbs51 g
- Fat6 g
- Protein30 g
- Sugar22 g
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides with a spatula if need be.
- Pour the blended smoothie into two bowls and top with your favorite toppings including cranberries, pomegranate seeds, granola, almond butter, and a drizzle of coconut butter.
- Please note: Maple syrup works in place of molasses, but you will need to double the amount and the color of the smoothie bowl will be lighter. Do not use blackstrap molasses and make sure to use light molasses.
Join the Conversation