Ginger carrot soup for the stomach is the new Chicken Soup for the Soul.
This recipe doesn’t just host stomach-soothing qualities, thanks to the fresh ginger in it, but also packs an anti-inflammatory punch with turmeric.
- 1 bunch of carrots – chopped
- 1-2 inch chunk of ginger root
- ½ Vidalia (yellow) onion – diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 scoop Ora Organic Good As Gold turmeric latte mix (or 2 tbsp turmeric powder)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Optional add-in: ½ can coconut milk
- Carbs22 g
- Fat11 g
- Protein2 g
- Sugar9 g
- Thoroughly wash carrots and dice them into equal chunks (roughly 1/2 inch in size), set aside.
- Dice one half of the onion and the ginger root into small pieces.
- In a medium to large-sized pot, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add the chopped onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Stir and cook the onion into the oil for about 5 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Add in the carrots, Good As Gold turmeric powder, and vegetable broth.
- Stir well and boil the mixture until carrots are soft (roughly 8 minutes).
- For an extra creamy soup, add in coconut milk.
- Use a handheld emulsifier to blend the mixture in the pot or blend the entire mixture in a high-speed blender until a smooth, consistent mixture is formed.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and your favorite fresh herbs or sprouts!