Carrot cake is one of our guilty pleasures. It’s sugar and spice, and everything nice.
We like to take our favorite flavors and make it into an everyday thing. And what better way to do so than in a smoothie. A healthy, vegan carrot cake smoothie, that is.
What makes this smoothie even more special, is that it is 100% FRUIT-FREE. Yet still tastes like a dessert.
We used vegan vanilla chai protein and some organic turmeric powder to give it that warm chai flavor of carrot cake we know and love. Plus, we threw in a whole carrot to make it as carrot “cake-y” as possible.
DID YOU KNOW: Carrots are full of beta carotene. Beta carotene is the orange/red pigment that gives carrots their vibrant color. Your body converts beta carotene into vitamin A, otherwise known as retinol, an ingredient we’re familiar with on expensive skin care.
So, the combination of carrot and turmeric not only tastes like dessert but may give your skin that natural glow from within. A win-win in our eyes.
- 2 scoops Ora Organic vanilla chai protein powder
- 2 scoops Ora Organic turmeric golden milk powder
- 2 cups frozen organic cauliflower
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large organic carrot
- Pinch of pink salt
- 4 ice cubes
- Carbs18 g
- Fat6 g
- Protein14 g
- Sugar4 g
- Toss all ingredients into a blender and pulse until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two mason jars and top with unsweetened coconut shreds and granola for some crunch!
Join the Conversation