Say goodbye to your pre-packaged oatmeal full of sugar, and artificial flavoring, and high sodium–oh my!
This recipe yields two bowls, with each bowl containing: 170 calories, 13 grams of protein, and only 3 grams of sugar. Compared to an average pack of prepackaged oatmeal that has 4 grams or less of protein and over 12 grams of sugar.
I’d say we have a winner here.
The additional benefits to this hug in a bowl, besides the nutritional content?
It is made with Ora Organic vegan protein powder that not only is high in plant-based protein but contains digestive enzymes to help break down and absorb all the nutritious goodies in this recipe even better.
Plus, we added in a scoop of our Good As Gold golden milk powder (talk about a versatile product!). The active ingredient, turmeric, has a long list of anti-inflammatory benefits on top of everything else.
One pan. All the nutrients. All the deliciousness. Plant-based. No junk ingredients.
- ½ cup oat milk (or your favorite nut milk)
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup oats
- 2 scoops Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
- 1 scoop (or 1 sachet) Golden Milk Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Optional adds: 1 banana and coconut oil or a handful of pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Carbs20 g
- Fat6 g
- Protein13 g
- Sugar3 g
- Heat oat milk in a small pan.
- Once hot (not boiling), add in remaining ingredients and stir well to incorporate.
- Keep stirring the mixture on low to medium heat until most of the excess liquid has been absorbed and both the cauliflower rice and oats are soft.
- Pro tip to caramelize bananas: heat coconut oil in a skillet, place banana slices in the hot skillet, cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes until one side is golden brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
Join the Conversation