This may be a basic smoothie, but the nutrients in one cup of this Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie are anything but basic.
Strawberries and kiwis both contain high levels of vitamin C and are fiber-rich, like most fruits. Plus, we included probiotic powder for a kick of digestive health on top of that fruit fiber.
DID YOU KNOW: You can eat the skin of kiwis! In fact, eating the skin can increase its fiber content by 50%, up folate by 32% and increase vitamin E concentration by 34%, compared to eating the flesh alone.
So don’t toss that kiwi skin next time! We’re a fan of healthy recipes and minimal waste. This smoothie checks off both boxes.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 kiwi
- 3-5 frozen strawberries
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 scoops raspberry probiotic powder
- ½ cup nut milk of choice (we used almond milk!)
- Carbs23 g
- Fat1 g
- Protein2 g
- Sugar9 g
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Pour into your favorite glass and finish with freshly cut fruit for a tropical flair or a sprinkle of chia seeds for a dose of healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
Join the Conversation