We know what you’re thinking: another protein ball recipe.
Our life advice: When a recipe is this easy and delicious, always make a second variation.
We present to you our edible Peanut Butter Cookie Protein Balls. A slight flavor variation to our Collagen-Boosting Chickpea Cookie Dough Balls, but equally as crave-worthy. Trust us.
These protein bites keep it simple with only five clean ingredients and featuring our So Lean & So Clean Vanilla Protein Powder.
Each of these tasty little bites comes packed with 8 grams of plant-based protein. A satisfying snack or healthy treat to be enjoyed by even the pickiest of eaters.
- Heart Healthy
Peanuts contain a wealth of beneficial compounds that promote a healthy cardiovascular system when incorporated into your regular diet.
Peanuts are high in monosaturated fat, vitamins B & E, oleic acid and are rich in antioxidants. In fact, peanuts are equally as rich in antioxidants as some types of fruits!
- Choosing the Best Peanut Butter
Remember the time when it felt like peanut butter was always in the news? It’s healthy, it’s not healthy – well, which is it? That depends.
When shopping for peanut butter, keep your eyes on the nutrition. Here’s our shortlist of ingredients to stay clear of:
- Added sugars
- Added oils
- Added salt
If your market has a bulk food section, check to see if they have a nut butter press or dispenser. These machines produce fresh nut butter on the spot with the only ingredients you need: nuts and good old H20.
- Whisk together flour, protein powder, and sea salt.
- Transfer to a food processor and combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until a sticky dough forms. Depending on the type of peanut butter you may need more flour if the dough is too sticky or more peanut butter if it’s too dry.
- Adjust sweetness by adding more agave and sea salt.
- Once it’s to desired taste, using your hands scoop a large tablespoon amount into your hands and roll into balls. Place in a bowl and repeat until the batter is gone.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.