This vegan papaya ice cream will be a post-dinner summer staple in your house.
However, considering the digestive benefits of this bowl, you have an excuse to eat dessert before dinner this time.
Not only is it a refreshing bowl of tropical flavors, but its star ingredient is more than just a tasty fruit.
DID YOU KNOW: Papayas are full of the proteolytic enzyme, papain. Proteolytic enzymes assist with transforming protein particles into smaller, easy-to-digest amino acids and other essential nutrients.
Better digested food means better-absorbed nutrients. So, ice cream before dinner it is!
- Toss the papaya, mango, and digestive enzymes powder into a food processor.
- Begin to blend mixture, continuing to push down the sides of it to ensure all pieces are well-blended.
- If mixture won’t blend, slowly add in the almond milk a little bit at a time, until a smooth consistency begins to form.
- Put blended mixture back into the freezer for 30-60 minutes before serving for a true ice cream texture.
- Top with more tropical fruit or your favorite granola and seeds!