Like everything else we do, we were inspired to create better recipes.
In this case: doughnut holes.
Think of your average doughnut holes, but taken up a level by a sprinkle of poppy seeds and a zesty lemon flavor.
Plus, add the fact that they’re healthy. These have 7 grams of protein per ball. And you have our new favorite snack.
And when we say “healthy” we’re not inferring low calorie, nor low fat and other essential nutrients for everyday functioning! We’re referring to whole food ingredients, with minimal to no processing, that fuel your body.
Pop one of these delicious lemon poppy seed protein balls before your next workout or if you’re having a “guess I’ll skip breakfast because I’m late for work” type of morning.
But mainly we pop these delicious bites because, well, they’re still basically doughnut holes. Duh.
- Total Fat4 g
- Carbs16 g
- Protein7 g
- Sugar4 g
- Prep your cashews by either soaking overnight in room temperature water or placing in a bowl then pouring boiling water over the cashews and letting them soak for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor (or high-speed blender with tamper), place all ingredients except for lemon zest, poppy seeds, and non-dairy yogurt.
- Blend on high, scraping down sides when necessary, until a consistent dough is formed.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds into mixture and pulse until they’re incorporated throughout.
- With a tablespoon, scoop out even chunks and roll into 12 small balls.
- Drizzle roughly 1 teaspoon of non-dairy yogurt over each ball as icing.
- Sprinkle with extra poppy seeds and lemon zest for a cute garnish.