Grab your finest tea cups and meet us in the ballroom (erm, the kitchen).
This recipe is sure to impress even the fanciest of palettes. Lavender and lemon are the most elegant yet refreshing match made to please any crowd.
With a hefty dose of prebiotics, healthy fats, and inflammation-dueling antioxidants, I dub thee recipe Queen of the Dessert table.
- Prebiotic Power
Trust Your Gut’s oligosaccharides act as food for the bacteria in the digestive system. Consider prebiotics as the Robin and your probiotics as Batman – they pack a stronger punch together!
For the Crust:
2 cups medjool dates, pitted
2 cups walnut, unsalted
pinch of sea salt
Zest of 1 lemon
For the Filling:
2 cups raw and unsalted cashews, soaked overnight or for 4 hours
1 cup vanilla coconut yogurt
2 tsp vanilla extract
4-5 tablespoons maple syrup, test to see how sweet you’d like the filling
Juice and zest from 1 small lemon
½ tsp turmeric for color
To make the crust
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and mix until combined (usually the dough forms one large ball when blended)
- Remove and evenly press the dough down into the base of the cheesecake pan or square pan.
For the filling
- Add all the ingredients into a blender
- Mix until smooth and creamy
- Pour the filling evenly on top of the crust
- pop the cheesecake into the freezer to set and firm for about 4 hours
- Remove and cut the cheesecake into bars.