Sometimes childhood nostalgia just hits you hard – especially, it seems, in the summer.
Long gone are the days of chasing fireflies and lemonade stands but some childhood treats are just too good to lose. We’re looking at you: Fig Newtons.
So we thought: why not keep the flavors but lose all that added sugar?
Presenting our fig newton shake.
Creamy, flavorful, and a bit decadent, this one hits that one particular spot just right.
Although we traditionally haven’t included mix-ins in our smoothies, the molasses bites just bring this one together. The dark, rich notes of molasses (which is high in calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium) along with the chewiness of the almond flour and coconut create enough texture to just mimic the delightful chewiness of a Fig Newton.
- 4-6 organic figs
- ¼ cup hazelnuts (preferably soaked overnight)
- 1 ½ cups sweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops So Lean & So Clean Vanilla Protein
- Total Fat9 g
- Carbs52 g
- Dietary Fiber8 g
- Protein25 g
- Combine all ingredients in your favorite blender.
- Blend ’til smooth.
- Pour into a glass and add a few hazelnuts on top for garnish!
Join the Conversation