This recipe is one for the books…or in this case, cones.
Banana nice cream is a summer staple for plant-based folk, the lactose intolerant, and banana lovers alike. We decided to take your classic vegan nice cream to the next level.
This “ice cream” requires only 5 ingredients, a blender, and a little bit of patience.
Meet our protein-packed, CHOCOLATE CHUNK nice cream recipe.
This recipe has plant-based protein (7 grams per scoop, to be exact) and all of the digestive enzyme goodness that we add to all of our protein powders. Now you can enjoy this ice cream-like treat without the post-lactose indulgence stomach ache.
Free from dairy, gluten, artificial flavors, and hard-to-pronounce ingredients. Full of satisfyingly chocolate flavor.
Did we mention it has chocolate chunks? We used our favorite chocolate from our friends at Hu Kitchen, but any chocolate works!
To reduce the sugar content, we recommend swapping out the chocolate chunks for cacao nibs and replacing the maple syrup with a lower glycemic option, like monk fruit or yacon syrup.
- Add all ingredients, aside from the chocolate bar, into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated into a consistent mixture. You may need to intermittently scrape down the sides of the blender or use a blender tamper to ensure everything is well-blended.
- Pour mixture into an 8×8 or loaf plan.
- Sprinkle chopped chocolate bar chunks (or your added topping of choice) to the mixture and stir them in.
- Freeze for about 2 hours, until a frozen ice cream texture is achieved.
- Scoop into bowls and devour.