Waffle Your Way Healthy
PREP 10 MIN | COOK 5 MIN
Recipe By Ela Vegan
Who says you can't have your waffles and eat your veggies all at the same time? With this recipe for homemade waffles - featuring our Easy Being Greens powder - you'll get a healthy dose of both. Bring on Sunday Funday!
- 1/2 cup white rice flour or brown rice flour (80 g)
- 1/2 cup oats (45 g)
- 1/3 cup potato starch (not flour) (52 g)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds ground (or flax seeds)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 scoop Ora Organic Easy Being Green powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk (160 ml)
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 handful of spinach (50 g)
- Process light coconut milk, lime/lemon juice, and spinach in your food processor.
- Put the oats in your coffee grinder and blend until they turn into flour (alternatively feel free to use store-bought oat flour).
- Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add processed wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a whisk until just combined (don't overmix!)
- Heat your waffle machine on low heat. Once it's hot, spoon about 2 1/2 tbsp of the batter into your waffle machine and cook for about 5 minutes (or as per the instructions of your waffle machine).
- Top with your favorite savory goods and enjoy fresh!