Our Vegan Thanksgiving, Part 1: Vegan Pumpkin Pie Protein Bars
PREP 15 MIN | COOK 80 MIN
Recipe By Natasha Boote
Given that November is often the middle child of holidays we've decided to flip the paradigm and devote an entire month to this glorious day of eating (because we're a foodie company and #priorities). So, to kick off the turkey-less, thankful, extravaganza we bring you these decadent - but not too sweet - pumpkin pie protein bars. Great for an everyday alternative to pie (cause who doesn't want that) or, even, instead of actual pie on the big day itself!
- 1/2 cups Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup dates (10 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups cashews soaked
- 2 13.5 oz cans full-fat coconut cream
- 2 15oz cans organic pumpkin puree
- 4 scoops Ora Organic Vanilla Protein
- 1/2 tsp cloves and ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Toss Brazil nuts, almonds, and cacao nibs into your food processor and pulse until slightly coarse.
- Add dates and continue pulsing until dates are roughly chopped (not too fine).
- Carefully remove mixture and spoon into a 9x13 Pyrex that's lined with wax paper.
- Press the crust mixture into the pan until the entire bottom is evenly covered.
- Place in the freezer to set whilst you make the filling.
- Wipe out any crust left in the food processor, add cashews, coconut cream, pumpkin puree, vanilla protein, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and blend until well combined.
- Remove crust from the freezer and pour filling over top.
- Lick the spatula.
- Allow the bars to set in the freezer for three to five hours (or overnight).
- Thaw just enough so they can be cut. Store bars in the freezer until 30 minutes before eating.
- Impress yo' friends!