Pumpkin Espresso Protein Pancakes
PREP 10 MIN | COOK 10 MIN
Recipe By Kara Griffin
This is the real breakfast of champions!
Not only are you getting your clean, plant-based, organic protein, but every ingredient works to your advantage (rather than leaving you on a bloated sugar high!).
Make these ahead of time for an on-the-go, high protein breakfast option or impress your friends with a batch of these for Sunday brunch.
That'll give 'em pumpkin to talk about.
- 2 cups organic buckwheat
- 4 scoops of Ora Organic vanilla chai or vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tsp organic fair trade espresso powder
- 1.5 cups organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup organic pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp grade B organic maple syrup
- unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately
- Make a well in the dry ingredients to add in the wet, then mix well until fully combined
- Heat coconut oil to coat your pan
- Spread a dollop of batter onto the pan so it’s about a ½ inch in thickness
- Cook for about two minutes each side (it's ready when you start to see little bubbles)
- Makes about 12 small pancakes.
- Drizzle with grade B organic maple syrup, spread nut butter on top or add a little more pumpkin to your plate for some extra sweet veggie goodness.