Vegan Chocolate Protein Donuts with Peppermint Glaze
PREP 15 MIN | COOK 12 MIN
Recipe By Ari Gremling
I don’t think I know a single person who dislikes donuts - and if I do, I’d have no clue since being a #DonutHater is a deep, dark secret that should be suppressed for life. Donuts are probably the trendiest breakfast food right now (okay, let’s be real… Who ONLY eats donuts for breakfast?). These vegan, protein donuts have a yummy winter-themed twist - a delicious glaze with a refreshing burst of pepperminty flavor! I’ve already made two batches, and I’m about to make a third. They’re that yummy! But beware: you WILL be hooked on these tasty treats once ya try ‘em!
- 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1/4 cups + 1 tbs cacao powder
- 2 scoops Ora Organic Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbs plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened (or your favorite egg substitute)
- 1/4 cups melted coconut oil
- 3 tbs tapioca starch
- 3 tbs agave
- 1-2 drops pure peppermint essential oil (peppermint extract will work great too)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, 1/4 cup cacao powder, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup plant-based milk, applesauce, and coconut oil.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing to make sure you get rid of any clumps (because nobody likes clumpy donuts).
- Plop your donut batter into a ziploc bag and cut the corner off.
- Squeeze the batter into coconut oil-greased donut pan.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, and have fun drooling over the sweet, chocolatey aroma.
- While your donuts are baking to pure perfection mix starch, agave, 3 tbs plant-based milk, and 1 tbs cacao together in a small bowl.
- Allow the donuts to cool, and then drizzle your glaze overtop to make some #InstaWorthy donuts.
- Snap a few pics for the gram and bon appetit!