Pumpkin Espresso Protein Pancakes
PREP 30 MIN | COOK 30 MIN
Recipe By Kara Griffin
This is the real breakfast of champions! Not only are you getting your clean, plant-based, organic protein, but every ingredient works to your advantage (rather than leaving you on a bloated sugar high!).
- 2 cups organic buckwheat
- ½ cup (4 scoops) protein powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tsp organic fair trade espresso powder
- 1.5 cups organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup organic pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp grade B organic maple syrup
- unrefined virgin coconut oil
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Make a well in the dry ingredients to add in the wet. Fold until fully combined.
- Heat coconut oil to coat your pan. Spread a dollop of batter onto the pan so it’s only about ½ inch in thickness. Cook for about two minutes each side. Makes about 12 small pancakes.
- Drizzle with grade B organic maple syrup, spread nut butter on top or add a little more pumpkin to your plate for some extra sweet veggie goodness.