Our Vegan Thanksgiving, Part 4: Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
PREP 15 MIN | COOK 45 MIN
Recipe By Natasha Boote
We know that cooking brussels sprouts isn't rocket science but, in wanting to put together a full Thanksgiving menu for you, we simply couldn't leave these out. Plus - the maple syrup makes these an easy crowd-pleaser and it's chef friendly as it's super simple. Double win!
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (one of our local, San Diego faves!)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (about 10 turns of the grinder)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash brussels sprouts, cut off stems, and halve.
- Place the sprouts in a bowl and toss with avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread sprouts evenly (in a single layer) onto a baking sheet, or two, and roast.
- Stir the sprouts after 15 minutes to ensure even browning.
- While the sprouts are roasting, lightly toast the hazelnuts in a cast iron pan and chop.
- After 15 more minutes (30 minutes overall) pour the maple syrup over top of the sprouts and mix once more.
- Roast brussels sprouts for 15 more minutes - 45 minutes total - or until the sprouts are fork tender.
- Place sprouts in a bowl, toss with hazelnuts, and enjoy!