Vegan Thanksgiving Menu Part 4: Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts
PREP 15 MIN | COOK 45 MIN
Recipe By The Ora Crew
No crazy transformations had to happen to make these sweet and salty dish vegan.
This crowd-pleasing Thanksgiving side dish, gaining in popularity, is already Ora-approved.
Roasting brussels is magic on its own, but we’ve added a coating of maple syrup for extra caramelization and some toasted hazelnuts for crunch.
You have our permission to munch on these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 1 ½ lbs brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (one of our local, San Diego favs)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (about 10 turns of the grinder)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash brussels sprouts, cut off stems, and halve
- Place the brussels in a bowl and toss with avocado oil, salt, and pepper
- Spread the brussels evenly in a single layer onto a baking sheet, or two, and roast
- Stir the brussels after 15 minutes to ensure even browning
- While the brussels are roasting, lightly toast the chopped hazelnuts in a cast iron pan
- After another 15 minutes of roasting (30 minutes overall), pour the maple syrup over top of the brussels and mix once more
- Roast brussels for 15 more minutes (45 minutes total) or until they become fork tender
- Remove them from the oven and place in a bowl, toss with hazelnuts, and enjoy!