Golden Milk Latte
PREP 2 MIN | COOK 2 MIN
Recipe By The Ora Crew
A Golden Milk Latte isn't made of gold, but the benefits can certainly be golden! This bright beverage gets its bright color from the spice Turmeric. You can read all about the benefits of turmeric here.
Turmeric, the superstar ingredient in Golden Milk, is part of Ayurvedic medicine – an ancient and holistic, all-natural approach to health that has been practiced for centuries in India. Golden milk is usually a combination of turmeric, milk, black pepper, cinnamon, and a sweetener.
There's a reason why this bright and spice-fuelled beverage has such a cult following. In addition to being delicious and a nice break from caffeinated drinks, Golden Milk is packed with antioxidants from Turmeric.
The active ingredient in Turmeric is Curcumin, and it's Curcumin that has been studied widely for its health benefits associated with inflammation, brain health, and joint health.
Now onto the fun part - here's our favorite Golden Milk recipe, made super easy with our Golden Milk Powder, 'Good as Gold'.
- 1.5 cups of your choice of warmed milk (we recommend almond or coconut)
- Dash of hot water
- 1 packet/scoop of Golden Milk Powder
- Optional: 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tbsp of organic maple syrup.
- Empty powder into cup or mug
- Add a little hot water and mix to make a paste
- If desired, add cinnamon and/or maple syrup to paste
- Add heated milk (we prefer coconut or nut-based milks)
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and you're good as gold! Enjoy :)