Our Vegan Thanksgiving, Part 2: Cheezee Vegan Kale Dip
PREP 10 MIN | COOK 15 MIN
Recipe By Natasha Boote
What's Thanksgiving without an appetizer (or five)? To kick things off in the savory department we give you our take on a classic with this cheezeee kale dip. Sorry spinach, you're old news. Delicious with pita chips, rice crackers, vegetables, or - per usual - on your finger/a spoon. (This is a judgment-free zone, so you do you, boo boo.) NOM.
- 2 cups soaked cashews (for 20 minutes in hot water)
- 16 oz frozen kale - thawed
- 3 tbs nutritional yeast
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 3 tbs Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil (one of our local, San Diego favorites!)
- 13.4oz can cannellini beans (preferably of the no-salt-added variety)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add cashews, kale, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and parsley to your food processor and pulse till thoroughly combined.
- Add beans and blend until dip is desired consistency.
- Spoon dip into an oven-safe dish. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Serve warm with crackers, veggies, or chips!
- Smile smugly at the surprise of all when you proudly announce "this dip is CHEESE-FREE y'all".