Blueberry Cacao Energy Bites
PREP 5 MIN | COOK 35 MIN
Recipe By The Ora Crew
In our busy lives, things that are quick and satisfying are always welcome.
So next time skip the fast food, for fast real food. These blueberry cacao energy bites only require 40 minutes of your time, simple ingredients, and have a whole lot of sweet flavor.
We used a combination of blueberry and cacao, not only for their delicious flavor profile but for a dose of antioxidative power and plenty of other super nutrients.
DID YOU KNOW: Blueberries have some of the highest levels of antioxidants among all fruits and veggies. The main compounds with antioxidant properties are known as flavonoids. Specifically, the group of flavonoids known as anthocyanins is responsible for most of these benefits.
Whip up a batch of these energy bites in your next meal prep session. They pre-workout powder and cacao provides a small kick of natural caffeine and the blueberries give it a hint of sweetness.
Pop one (or six) in your mouth when you're on-the-go, about to crush a workout, or just need a 2:00 pm pick-me-up.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut + extra for garnish
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 scoop raspberry pre-workout powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until a consistent dough is formed.
- The texture should be crumbly, yet sticky.
- Roll the mixture into 12 bite-sized balls and place on a plate.
- Put the energy bites in the fridge for 30-45 minutes to allow them to slightly harden.
- Enjoy as your next pre-workout or morning snack!