A fast-growing, data-driven startup focused on providing high quality, plant-based nutrition, Ora Organic is looking for a Data Analyst / Scientist with an ability to blend quantitative and qualitative data into highly effective presentations, and develop an intuition for market trends.
You will work with the CTO and Marketing Team primarily to design a product trend analysis tool that blends qualitative data (e.g. customer feedback, reviews, questions and survey answers) with quantitative data (e.g. google search volume, amazon best seller ranks, trending articles, etc.) to help the Ora Organic executive team make fast, educated decisions on future product releases.
As an ecommerce startup that has appeared on Shark Tank and is a top seller on Amazon, we have a lot of data that remains untapped. We’re really looking for a data scientist with an eye for business applications that will use this data to find ways to provide a better experience to our customers, and also provide direction to management for future product strategy. You will be the primary contact for the collection, cleansing, analysis, and distribution of data and work with the CTO, CMO and technical development team.
What you bring to the table
- A growing portfolio of self developed data science or analysis projects, with a focus on clear and effective reporting
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, Python, D3 or other programming languages
- Experience gathering requirements and dissecting business processes
- An ability to use data to drive growth (customer acquisition, conversion, retention)
- Examples of data reporting and analytics, e.g. internal dashboards, experiments, A/B testing results
- A data-driven mindset with an eye for practical business application
- A desire to create your own work, ideate quickly, and keep multiple projects on the go efficiently
- Technical proficiency with data processing languages and technologies, including: SQL, Scala, Excel, D3.js etc.
- Ability to use workflow automation applications like Zapier and Workato to automate data collection, cleansing, analysis and reporting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of SEO, A/B testing
- Proficiency with data visualization technology and applications, including Google Data Studio, Grow.com, and other software
- Proficiency with design and use of data gathering tools like Typeform, Google Forms
- Very strong written communication skills, including perfect spelling and grammar
- Understanding of and ability to use Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, KISSMetrics etc. to report to senior management and marketing teams with actionable insights
- Ability to use and execute A/B tests with tools such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, and return actionable insights to the CTO for future projects
- Knowledge and use of version control systems (Github)
- Experience in eCommerce or start-up culture a big plus
What you’ll be doing
- Develop tools to drive future product launch decisions and overall company direction (yes, that’s as big and important as it sounds)
- Establish and build processes to create a data-driven culture
- Analyze conversion funnels and provide insights to the development team to increase conversions and lower CAC
- Work closely with the Product, Customer Service and Marketing teams
- Assist in designing and reporting result of A/B tests on the Ora website, and across landing pages
- Build reporting dashboards for internal marketing and customer service teams, as well as senior management
- Gather and analyze customer feedback in partnership with the Customer Service department to provide actionable insights into ways to improve the customer experience and increase retention rates
A bit about the Ora culture
- We work hard - some days are long, some are short, but overall we’re pushing to change an $80 billion dollar industry, and we need people who are as passionate as we are to do it
- We’re foodies - we love good food, and we’re always looking for the next place to dine out or recipe to try in the office
- We’re open, honest, and positive - we keep things out in the open, and if something is going wrong we don’t wait around for it to all fall apart. We face problems head on, together, and we come to each other with solutions
- We’re inclusive - Ora Organic is a safe space for us, our customers, our employees, our friends, our family, everyone.
- We like to think we’re fun - well, we are a San Diego based company so we love the beach, jackfruit tacos, and a crafty brew (or Boochcraft) as the sun goes down!