A fast-growing startup passionate about nutrition, sustainability, and plant-based living, Ora Organic, is seeking a certified health expert to provide our customers with authoritative nutritional advice.
You’ll be a crucial part of our Customer Wellness department and also be working closely with our Product Development team to produce holistic, well-researched information and recommendations.
You will be a trustworthy point of contact for our customers and the ultimate advocate for their overall wellness. The ideal candidate will be passionate about nutrition, healthy living, and helping others.
The vision of this role is to assist in the expansion of the services available to our customers - our goal is to not only offer high-quality nutritional supplements, but also top-notch health and wellness advice. We wholeheartedly believe our customers deserve nothing but the best, which is why we’re looking for someone ambitious and experienced in the field to help us provide nothing less.
This role is perfect for those wanting to expand further into the health and wellness field, and there is a lot of room to grow as we develop our customer education offering.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide engaging, well-researched, and concise product support through email
- Provide thorough responses to all inbound product-related questions
- Research deeper into product information: provide recommendations to Marketing Department for blog content topics, envision alternate applications for the product
- Compile product FAQs and ingredients database
- You will be a strong product advocate, and develop a wealth of knowledge behind each one.
- You will also be a strong customer advocate - feeding back their views about the product to the relevant teams
- Background in nutrition
- Experience as a health coach, personal trainer or nutritionist
- Certified nutritionist or dietitian a big bonus
- Knowledge of nutritional supplements and commonly found ingredients
- Works well independently with a focus on excellent customer service
- Must have strong research skills and the ability to translate scientific research to consumer-friendly language
- Presentation skills - ability to clearly and concisely present complex information so that it can be distributed across social media channels
- A willingness to go above and beyond to provide the optimal customer experience
- Proficiency in Google Docs / Word, Google Sheets / Excel
A bit about the Ora culture
- We work hard - some days are long, some are short, but overall we’re pushing to change an $80 billion dollar industry, and we need people who are as passionate as we are to do it
- We’re foodies - we love good food, and we’re always looking for the next place to dine out or recipe to try in the office
- We’re open, honest, and positive - we keep things out in the open, and if something is going wrong we don’t wait around for it to all fall apart. We face problems head-on, together, and we come to each other with solutions
- We’re inclusive - Ora Organic is a safe space for us, our customers, our employees, our friends, our family, everyone.
- We like to think we’re fun - well, we are a San Diego based company so we love the beach, jackfruit tacos, and a crafty brew (or Boochcraft) as the sun goes down!