Ora Organic is a fast-growing wellness startup in San Diego looking for our content all-star! You'll be joining our Digital Marketing team and be working closely with our Chief Marketing Officer, advertising team, and copywriters to create, edit and curate high-quality digital content.
This role requires management of content across the Ora Organic blog, advertisements, social media channels and requires prior experience in content marketing. If you’re passionate about the written word, content marketing, nutrition and are driven to succeed – we’d love to hear from you!
Note: We’re a startup, and require full-time commitment to the company mission from all our employees for us to be successful. If you’re looking for a 9-5 job with little interaction outside of the workplace, then this position probably isn’t for you.
We’re looking for someone that wants to take on responsibility, that wants to grow with the company and help take it to the next level. Initiative, self-drive, ambition and commitment are must-haves.
- Full-time position
- Annual salary + equity
- Loft-style creative office space in Little Italy (San Diego) with outdoor area, pool, gym, close to great restaurants, bars, and waterfront park
- A career path in the Wellness, E-commerce and Consumer Packaged Goods industries.
- Drive an innovative and comprehensive content strategy across all platforms
- Efficient curation and management of content across multiple channels
- Manage and grow our pool of content contributors
- Manage content calendar
- Research relevant keyword opportunities
- Formatting and editing written and visual content to optimize search traffic
- Editing, reviewing & publishing content on www.ora.organic
- Video production and editing
- Expanding and effectively managing the content team to meet growth requirements
- Make recommendations to the marketing team based on analysis of content performance
- Occasionally guide narrative creation and storytelling in the physical world: e.g. pop up concepts
- Support PR efforts with press releases and other custom content
- Help tell the story of Ora Organic's social impact, and how our ambassadors and partners communicate the brand message via their content
- Learn all there is to learn about supplements and nutrition - stay up to date on the latest news in the industry
- Research and develop new content channels and strategies
- Based in San Diego
- Excellent writing and editing skills (copywriting experience preferred)
- Basic HTML & CSS
- Experience with CMS
- Experience writing and editing for SEO
- Experience in video production and editing
- Basic experience in photography (strong #gram game)
- Graphic design experience (photoshop, indesign, illustrator and/or others is a plus)
- Has previously managed company social accounts successfully
- Knows their way around G-suite
- Ability to analyze data with qualitative and quantitive measures
- Incredible attention to detail (e.g. do you cringe at poor grammar and spelling errors? So do we!)
- Great sense of humor and knows how to inject personality into written content
- Understands design aesthetic
- Passionate about nutrition and knowledgeable about supplements
- Connections to potential contributing writers is a plus
- Thorough researcher (happy to dig through scientific research and clinical studies to get to the bottom of an issue)
- Happy, can-do positive attitude