San Diego, CA
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented problem solver who thrives in a
dynamic, fast paced environment. As the Accounting Assistant, you’ll be responsible for general bookkeeping, data entry, account reconciliations, and accounting related administrative work.
- General bookkeeping, classifying and adding transactions, matching receipts
- Data entry, matching deposits and expenses, monthly account reconciliations
- Assist with A/P, enter vendor invoices, follow up for supporting documents
- Assist with A/R, create and send invoices, follow up on past due accounts & customer deductions/chargebacks, record payments
- Investigating discrepancies, help identify and resolve data import and integration errors
- Update customer and vendor profiles
- Gather information for ad-hoc reports and projects
- Assist with preparation and filing of general business documents, print, mail, scan and other administrative duties as needed
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems independently
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent with excel & google sheets, experience with QuickBooks or other cloud-based accounting software preferred
- Familiar with basic accounting principles
- Associates or BA degree in Accounting or related field, or active student graduating <1 year
- Startup experience preferred
- Retail accounting experience a plus
About Ora Organic
Ora Organic is an award-winning and digitally-native startup focused on delivering high-quality, efficacious nutritional products to consumers.
The Ora team is an ambitious, high achieving group looking to improve people’s health through organic, plant-based nutrition, and is driven to become the premier provider of nutritional products in North America.
The company has won the Nutrition Business Journal’s Small Business Growth Award, two NEXTY Awards at Natural Products Expo East and West, and appeared on ABC’s Shark Tank in 2017. Ora is currently distributed in more than 1,500 retail doors across the USA, including The Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Neiman Marcus, Urban Outfitters, and Erewhon.