Vice President Sales
San Diego, CA
Ora Organic is an award-winning, digitally native startup focused on delivering high-quality, efficacious nutritional products to consumers.
The Ora team is an ambitious, high achieving group looking to improve people’s health through organic, plant-based nutrition, and is driven to become the premier provider of nutritional products in North America.
The company has won the Nutrition Business Journal’s Small Business Growth Award, two NEXTY Awards at Natural Products Expo East and West, and appeared on ABC’s Shark Tank in 2017. Ora is currently distributed in 1,000 retail doors across the USA, including The Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Neiman Marcus, Urban Outfitters, and Erewhon.
We’re looking for an experienced, self-driven territory sales manager with a track record of successfully driving growth for a natural products brand. Ideally you have worked in a fast-paced environment for a very high growth, entrepreneurial natural products company. You thrive in performance-based role and are looking for an opportunity to be rewarded for meeting and exceeding revenue goals. You have existing strong retailer relationships in the territory and have a good idea of how you’d aggressively open up and grow Ora’s business.
- Deliver growth and revenue goals by developing existing retailers and by opening new independent, key accounts and chains.
- Develop and nurture strong customer partnerships through profitable promotion planning, JBP planning, and effective in store strategies (distribution, merchandising, pricing, shelf placement).
- Use your existing network of retailer and buyer relationships in the territory to work with Ora’s VP of Sales to develop territory goals and objectives.
- Analyze competitive, retailer, territory, market and industry trends to identify growth opportunities.
- Use available resources and analytics to develop customer presentations to increase points of distribution and new retailer accounts.
- Work closely with distributors to open new accounts, plan for promotional activities, and ensure retailer service levels.
- Provide passionate and informed product information via retailer/buyer presentations and staff trainings.
- Promote and represent the Ora Organic brand with excellence and professionalism at trade shows and retailer events.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with other departments at Ora Organic to quickly resolve customer issues.
- Google Sheets (or able to transition skills from Excel to Google Sheets), PowerPoint, Outlook , and CRM software
- Building mutually beneficial, profitable joint business plans with key accounts
- Outstanding communication skills (within the company and externally) including the ability to deliver concise, powerful and charismatic trainings/retailer presentations
- Skilled relationship building, negotiation skills, contingency planning
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage and grow a territory independently with minimal administrative support
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience growing a premium brand to the Natural Products channel. Ideally you have natural VMS experience, and/or deep industry knowledge about organic or vegan products
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals by opening new accounts, driving distribution and building strong partnerships and promotional plans
- Established, strong positive relationships with the key retailers and buyers in your territory so you can ‘hit the ground running’ in your territory
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred but not required
- Competent technical skills (ability to use available software, customer dashboards, CRM, analytical tools, create presentation material, etc)
- Availability to travel as needed for call cycle needs and shows, meetings